Thursday, March 09, 2006

You want a boy or girl?

Last night hubby asked me if I were to be pregnant now, would I ask God for a boy? I pause and think for a while, I guess it really don't matter to me anymore whether I have a boy or girl. When I was first pregnant with Qi Ning, initially I did wish for a boy but was just a brief moment. When I knew that is going to be a girl, I welcome her whole heartedly. Now, when I think of having no2, I often ask if I could love no2 as much as I would Qi Ning? Sometime I feel like I have given Qi Ning all my love, when no 2 come, would I have enuf love for him/her?
As I was sorting thru' my thought about whether I want a boy or girl (this is after having Qi Ning), I came out with this theory. For those who are very traditional who prefer boy than girl, it will be better if their fisrt baby is a girl then follow by boy. Reason being since it is the first baby in the family, the baby (irregardless of gender) would still get all the attension and loves. And since the family prefer boy, when the second baby is a boy, he will get equal attension and love as the first born. This is just my theory, but I hope all parents will try to love their children fairly and not to show favoritism. I have encoutered many clients who were deeply hurt by their parents because they prefer boys more than girls.
As to the question whether boy or girl, I don't really care as long as they are healthy, I am happy oledi!

9 comments:

Egghead said...

I wan a girl... coz already got a boy :P

mom2ashley said...

yea.. i dont mind too as long as the baby is healthy and normal...:)

jazzmint said...

got boy want girl, got girl want boy :P...that's always the case.

Actually I do feel a bit pressure if I don't get a boy though there's no pressure from the hubby's family. Maybe I'm traditional :)

Jess said...

I wish my 2nd is boy too but is girl again! Our love to her is same as the elder sister!
Lucky hubby, my mum & PIL no pressure on me MUST hv a boy so far! :P

Lazymama said...

I am not a traditional type, I don't mind having a girl again if I want #2! Really!

But after reading Allyfeel's BB's birdie story, I think it's fun too for having a boy! LOL!

Your theory is half true! My niece who was the 1st grandchild of my PIL used to have all the attention and love till spoilt but when the 2nd grandson comes along 4 years later, the 1st one (my niece) lost all the attention. And the treatment between two kids are totally different. Now my niece hate her little cousin so much! I think adult has to be very sensitive to deal with this favouritism thingy!

BTW, what is your job? You are a counselor?

Loc Kee said...

Ya mumy's love always pass to the children... where the husband getting lesser when more kids around... how sad :<

me a Un-Tradissional man, i was hoping my 1st to be a girl... and hehe i got it. Oh Mi Tou Fatt...
2nd one doesnt mater lo... :>

ZMM said...

These same questions often come to my mind too.. will I be able to love the 2nd child as much, or will I be able to give the attention to him/her like I do with Zara.

A girl or a boy doesn't really matter, as long as they are healthy.. but actually, I do like girls more.. I think they are easier to handle. :P

Contented Mum said...

Egghead: Quickly "kar you", a beautiful girl is on her way to your home! :)

mom2ashley: give me five!

Jazzmint: now your wish come true liao!

Jesslyn: Your two princess are so sweet, having them will make anyone contended liao!

Jefferene: So sad to hear abt the different treatment of your niece after the arrival of her cousin. hope her parents still give her all the loves and attension.
Yes, I am a counselor, you so clever in guessing.

Loc Kee: Wat smell so sour har? LOL. Don't lah, when the little one grow up, your wife will have all the time for you oledi.

Twinsmon: ha, wait till your twin keep asking you for "didi" then u know! :)

Zara's mama: My friend say we will have enuf love for all our children wor. It seem our love tank will grow so hopefully when no 2 come along, we will be able to shower equal attention to both. :)

blinka.Li said...

dont know la. I still hope for baby boy first.:P but as you said, boy or girl, still mummy and daddy will love him/her sososososo much!