Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My first step to weaning

Finally, I have stopped expressing milk for Qi Ning at work since last friday. When she was still a baby, after the confinements, I used to express three time a day at work to get enuf feed for her. Then when she started solid at 6mths old, I reduced the expressing to two time a day. When she passed her one year old birthday, I had intention to stop expressing at work but it keep get postponed but I did reduced it to once only.
Since my production is very low lately, can only get 2 oz for the whole day so I finally gave up expressing at work. It was a conscious decision, so last friday, when it was my usual time for milk expression, I just kept on working till is time to go home!
So now every morning, I don't have to carry big bag, small bag to office. I can leave all the gear (ice-pack, cooler box, towel, milk container..etc) behind! Actually I haven't store all those gear away yet, I am still leaving it at the office. I dunno, just have the in case thought! :) My friend always said my yellow bag is a goodies bag for my girl! Now no more goodies bag for my girl oledi. I kinda of miss it but at the same time feel relief, all those expressing sessions can be quite tiring at time, especially when the produce is very little.

6 comments:

Egghead said...

stop expressing liao ah? my wife too... now waiting for the supply to stop by itself :)

Jess said...

hehe...then u can proceed for 2nd bb now! :P

ZMM said...

I'm still expressing.. Once a day.. started last week.
Qi Ning is ok to take the formula now?

ZMM said...

Oh yeah.. I had to lug all my bags to and fro as well..
I bring the pump back b'cos I worry if she didn't suck in the night, I may want to express it... kiasu.

Contented Mum said...

Egghead: :)

Jesslyn: :)

Zara'a mama: hehehe, I know wat u mean, that's why my gear is still in the office!!
Qi Ning still don't like formula, she will only take 2oz of formula but I give her yoguart, hope that helps.

Twimsmom: :)

mom2ashley said...

do you all feel guilty when reducing the freq of giving your kids bm? i did.