Thursday, March 02, 2006

My Little Helper

Since we don't have maid now, we have to do everything on our own. And Qi Ning is at the stage where she like to imitate us in whatever we do. So last night, I decided to make her my little helper. Supursingly, she did her job well.
Last night, I was doing laudry, I got her to sit by me and entertain me. Later when I want to put the clothes on the line to dry, I get her to take the clothes out from the pail and pass it to me one by one. She did just that and I commented her for being such a good helper. She was pleased.
Nowadays, we are also training her to put away her own toys, keep it back to the place where it belongs. So far so good, with our help, she would dutifully put back her toys. Sometime, half way thru' keeping the toys she would wonder away so I have to bring a little toy and put in her hand and direct her back to the toy area and get her to continue on keeping the toys away. Most of the time she would comply, hope it would be like this always! :)

9 comments:

Egghead said...

don't let her help too much until she becomes bored with such activities though :)

Jess said...

Train her up, then u can shake leg liao! :P

Mumsgather said...

Oh, they just love to help at this age. So enjoy it while you can. ;)

blinka.Li said...

i think girl girl more obedient hor?

ZMM said...

Clever Qi Ning..

Zara helps my maid with the laundry also.. but it's more for my maid to keep an eye on her.

They are so easy to be conned into doing things for us huh? A few praises normally will do the trick.. until they become street wise.

mom2ashley said...

what a good girl she is!

Allyfeel said...

Not another child labour I hope...hahaha!

jazzmint said...

hehe so nice, soon can shake leg liao!! Faythe also similar things, but easy ones like throw rubbish, pass something from Mommy to Daddy...make her walking alot hahaha

Contented Mum said...

Egghead: At the moment, is still fun for her! :)

Jesslyn: Hope so! hehehe

mumsgather: she think is a game!

Twinsmom: they are trying to be helpful, messy part can't help lah!

blinka.li: no boy yet so dun know.

Zara's mama: ya, actually is for me to keep an eye on her by getting her involved in my daily chores, or else if I leave her alone in the sitting room, don't know what she will get herself into!

mom2ashley; :)

Allyfeel: This child labor is very expensive leh, so can't afford to hire! hehehe

Joan_G: I charge wan oh, hehehe

Jazzmint: ya, save us the leg work when the little one run around doing little task for us! hehehe, that's the privillege of parenthood!