Tuesday, February 07, 2006

So fast, CNY holidays over!

Was counting the day to CNY and now CNY is nearly over. Had a really good time except for the two days when I was down with fever and headache!
Our CNY fun started last friday (27/2), we took half day leave and left for my hometown. Glad we did that as those who travel on Sat got stuck in the traffic. Someone I know took 7 hours to reached Sitiawan from KL! Had lunch in my mum's placeo n Sat. Enjoyed the food, Qi Ning tasted the sharpfin soup and commented "good". She had lots of other CNY goodies and her routine is all upside down a little.
After lunch on Sat, we went back to Penang (MIL) for dinner. Reached Penang at about 5pm, traffic was good from Sitiawan to Penang. Qi Ning slept during the journey, which was good, that give her energy to play when we arrived in Penang. She was very happy to see her cousins. They were happy to have her as well and helped to keep her occupied. Just stayed at home most of the time. I am quite happy about it, don't really wanna go out in the hot sun. Stayed in Penang till Wednesday then went back to Sitiawan again.
DH asked me what was the most memorable thing about this new year. I guess is seeing Qi Ning enjoying herself and seeing her mingling so well with her cousins. The not so enjoyable part is the fever and headache during the second and third day of CNY.
I am very grateful that everyone is very understanding. When all is busy in the kitchen, I didn't help at all both in my mum place as well as in my in-laws. I only eat and look after Qi Ning. It was a real treat!
Have learnt how to upload the photo to the blog, will do that in a couple of days time. Is rather busy at the moment.

3 comments:

blinka.Li said...

oh, don't feel bad about not helping. You are sick ma!

Oh, btw, I am trying to learn how to put up some mandarin articles instead. Afterall, it is my mother tongue! :) Hope to c u n Qi Ning's pic soon!

jazzmint said...

gong xi gong xi....hope you have now fully recovered, I think the weather is making everyone sick :(.

Contented Mum said...

blinka.Li, having problem to resize her photo, file too big to upload. Be patient huh!

Jazzmint, thanks for concern, after two days of fever, fully recoverd liao, or else cannot enjoy the holiday at all.