Thursday, February 16, 2006

Should I or should I not?

If it is in my earlier day, I won't have to think, the answer will be "yes". Now, I seem to have to think a litlle bit more about my decision.
I was offered a free trip to Korea in April, is a 8day 6 night tour. Am comtemplating of whether to go or not. My first instinct is go, bing Qi Ning with me. Since she is still under two, it won't cost us much to bring her and is easier to bring her now then later since we plan to have more kids! Hubby thinks that if we are going with a tour group, bringing Qi Ning will not be easy as she may not like the long journey on the bus and will be hard to follow the time table of the tour. He reckon is not very feasible to bring toddler to go on tour package, if is free and easy, then ok! He is not sure if he is able to make it during the time or not. I ask for permission to go alone with Qi Ning, he says ok if I really want to. Another of my friend think that I should wait till Qi ning is older then only travel! Most people don't think is a good idea to go on tour with toddler.
Now I am in the dilemma, should I go ahead with the tour or not? I told hubby I really don't mind bringing Qi Ning with me, at least is an experience. Moreever, my sis and her hubby will be on the trip and maybe my parents too. So there will be family members around to help take care of Qi Ning during the trip even if hubby cannot make it. My only concern is if Qi Ning is able to take it with the tour schedule. Also I hope hubby schedule would allow him to go. I like us to go as a family but if not possible, I may still go with Qi ning. Well, I still have some time to consider before making the decision.

10 comments:

Jess said...

So nice got free trip!!

For me, I still think troublesome to bring kid below 2 for tour, quite tiring for them. Above 3 will be quite easier to take care. Well it all depends by u, if u think u can handle well Qi Ning, then go ahead. Only u know the best of your girl!

lisaOne said...

i have no guts to tag my 2 kids along for a vacation...think about it, dream about it but just not ready for it.

so, i really dun know.

mom2ashley said...

hmm cant helo you out there since ashley is only 8 months +...

sqkiki said...

I will bring SQ together..hehe..altho haven't try for such long trip yet..but been brought her to fews 4 days 3 night trip since she was 6 months old..doesn't have problem wor..and with kids around..the trip seem more happy ler..Just remember to bring all the necessary stuff lor..like medicine ahh..extra cloth ahh...etc..
but u may need extra helper to take care QN on the trip oso lor..must say tat is quite tire if taking care toddler all alone lor...

Mumsgather said...

Yah. Those tours can be rather taxing on us as well, not to mention the little ones but since you have the help of other family members, it should be ok, I think. Otherwise, it'll be difficult when they get tired/hungry and start being fretful. Only you would know your girl well enuf to know if she's ready for this kind of trip ie how she eats, how she deals with new surroundings, strange people etc.

Contented Mum said...

Jesslyn
That's why I am still thinking abt whether should go or not consider Qi ning is still so young!

Twinsmom:
Thanks for the support and advices. Am very frickle minded abt it at the moment.

Two Little Fellas
If two, i also will talk abt it, dream abt it. That's why i am thinking now only one princess, quickly go for it so I no need to only think abt it, talk abt it n dream abt it later lor!

Mom2ashley:
Soon u will have to think abt it loh, they grow up rather fast wan! Unless you can stand going off w'out Ashley!

Msau:
You pro oledi, travel with SQ since she was so young. Oh ya hor, must bring medicine just in case hor. TQ for the reminder. sound as if I am going liao!

Mumsgather:
Qi ning is quite good with variety of food at the moment and she likes to eat, just like mummy! So far, whenever we travel out of town, she has no problem with new environment but she does not take to strangers, as in can play with her but not hold her.

jazzmint said...

hmm....it's gonna be a lot of packing, but i suppose if she's someone flexible she can nap in the bus trip, then enjoy the trip..that's what happen to faythe. Schedule all terbalik, make sure bring the stroller cause i don't wanna carry her all the time, very tiring :)

blinka.Li said...

really up to you. I have seen mat salleh carrying a baby up to the mountain range of Anapurna in Nepal! Surely Qi Ning won't recall the trip much in future but it is more memorable for you. Don't worry about it too much. Gut feel is important. Enjoy your trip if you do plan to go. :)

ZMM said...

I say go.. esp if you have hubby to help along.

My hubby is away on biz trip and I was thinking of bringing Zara to tag along. But b'cos it's winter there now, so I thought better. But if it was summer or spring.. I definitely will go.

Allyfeel said...

Follow what ur heart says. It won't be easy but it will be an expereince learnt. :)