Friday, August 04, 2006

My Little Angel

Each time when I looks at Qi Ning, I am just so amazed at how much she has grown! For the past twenty-two months, she has brought us much joy and is continuingly blessing us with more joy! I must say that she is an easy girl to take care and is very understanding. She is real kind and compassionate as well.
Now that I am expecting no 2, stomach is showing, she begins to appreciate a little bit more that there is a baby in mummy's stomach. Sometime, she would come close to me and "sayang" baby. We name baby '"bao bei" for the moment. So at time you would hear her sing song to bao bei. Whenever people ask where is mummy's baby, she will come around and sayang my stomach!
Before the arrival of no 2, I am thinking of getting her to sleep on her own bed. So that when no 2 is here, she does not feel that we suddenly put her in another bed! Guess I might meet with some resistance as now that I have weaned her off nursing, she want to snuggle close to me when she sleeps. And sometime, in the middle of the night, I can hear her saying "mummy hug hug Qi Ning!" Since she is sandwich between us at the moment, is easier for me to respond to her request for hug. Dunno what would happen when we move her to her own bed. We have gotten her a single bed, is already in our room but we have yet get her to sleep there. Not sure is harder for mummy or Qi Ning, for her to goes sleep on her own bed!

5 comments:

ZMM said...

After weaning Zara off the breast and thumb, I found she needed more hugs and physical affection.

Zara's cot is attached to our bed, when she wants a hug, she'll climb over to my side of the bed and ask for a hug.

If she wanted me to just 'sayang' her, she'll reach her feet or her hand over, and asked, "mummy sayang Zara's hand/feet".

I'm also planning to start her on a new bed, but oh, I'm so going to miss her. *sigh*

It's easier for us though if we plan to breast feed the baby.

Let me know how your plan goes.

alexis said...

I have since moved my son to a mattress just beside our bed 3 months ago to adjust to our new baby. A week before getting the mattress, we told him that he is a big boy now and we will get him a big bed all by himself (he used to sleep co-sleep with hubby and me). We got him excited for the bed and to anticipate the bed.
So, when he finally got his bed (mattress), he agreed to sleep on it without fuss. But the condition is that I must accompany him to sleep. So, every night, i will accompany him to sleep and when he is in deep sleep, i will go back to my own bed.
If he wakes up in the middle of the night, he will normally climb up to our bed and snuggle up to me. :)

LHS said...

My son still sleeping with us, plan to let him sleep on his bed but just no heart to separate him. I know i will miss him a lot!

jazzmint said...

hey no worries bout it...faythe falls asleep on our bed, then we carry her to her own bed (same room). when she wakes up mid of night, she will walk over to our bed and co-sleep sometimes :).

I'm sure Qi Ning will do well in this

blinka.Li said...

Agree with Jazzmint, being an understanding girl, it will not be as difficult for her to learn but it seems like it is going to be hard on you more! :)