Friday, July 28, 2006

Kind and considerate

Dunno know why lately, I am having a hard time logging on to blogspot. It always take so long till I give up. But this incidents really worth blogging so I endure the long wait for the page to appear!
Is about my girl. Ever since I found out that I was pregnant, I have been trying to wean Qi Ning but she was not quite ready to give up. She still want to nurse before she sleeps at night and also first thing in the morning! So I just let her. But two days ago, dunno how or why, there was a crack on one side of the nipple. I show her and told her "mummy pain pain". she quickly blow for me. So that night, when she was about to slepp, she ask to nurse and then repeat to herself "mummy pain pain". She just snuggle closely to me without asking to nurse. I heard her saying to her self a few time "mummy pain pain" and then doze off to sleep.
The second morning, she again wanted to ask to nurse and then she answer herself by saying "mummy pain pain". Yesterday night and this morning was the same. Her gesture tells me she want to nurse and then she reminded herself of my sore nipple. And she don't demand to nurse anymore! I am very touch by her understanding and kindness shown towards mummy at such tender age. She know mummy will feel the pain if she demand to nurse and because she loves mummy she is willing to forgo her own comfort! What a kind girl that I have! Mummy is so pround of her!

9 comments:

Egghead said...

Qi Ning is so mature lah! I wish my son will do the same to my wife ler :(

Unknown said...

oh... such a lovely girl..

mom2ashley said...

what a considerate girl!

Mumsgather said...

Awwww! Mummy melted like butter. Hahaha.

ZMM said...

Aw.. this is soooo sweet.. What a kind girl Qi Ning is..

alexis said...

She is very considerate. :)

I had almost the same experience with you. When I got to know I was pregnant, I wanted to continue to BF my son. But it was so painful for me until my nipples bleed. I had no choice. So after a few months of bitting my lips when he BF, I just told him nicely that 'mummy pain-pain'. I had anticipate a battle with him. But surprisingly, he took it nicely and understandingly. After a few times of telling him 'mummy pain-pain' when he wants to BF, he did not asked for my breast anymore. As for the night feed where he used to nurse to sleep, I gave him fresh milk and ask him to sleep. He did not retaliate and go to sleep without my breast. I am so touch by his understanding and at the same time, miss our BF session.

jazzmint said...

such an understanding girl...

blogger been acting up huh

blinka.Li said...

She is such a sweet and loving girl...and yes, u should really be proud of her! The love you poured into her must be felt by her so deeply that she is doing the same to you now. :)

LHS said...

First time here..
That's i always said girl is more thoughtful than boy!