Thursday, August 24, 2006

Jealous and guilty at the same time

I dunno if other working mother feels the same like me or not. But I feel it at time, jealous when Qi Ning is close to the maid, feeling guilty when I get the maid to play Qi Ning play when I am at home. Most of the time I will try to play with her but sometime, I feel tired and asked the maid to play with her.
Before our new maid, after the first maid ran away either me or hubby will bath Qi Ning but now, with the tummy getting bigger, I find it hard to squat down to bath her. And since Qi Ning is allowing the new maid to bath her, we are beginning to let the maid bath her more often. So sometime, when I see the maid bath her, I feel kind of guilty, it should be me bathing my girl rather than the maid, especailly during the weekend!
Our new maid just arrived about three week ago. She is quite good with Qi Ning. At least Qi Ning will allow her bath her, carry her and play with her. Of course there are time Qi Ning would not want her kakak to help her but I have told her that kakak is a helper and she cannot say "don't want kakak". And this mummy get jealous when she is too close to the kakak! Hard to please ya this mummy!

9 comments:

blinka.Li said...

It is only natural that u feel jealous! You love her that is y! :) The love for a mother and a maid is never the same though, u r still her best, dont u worry! :)

Jess said...

hehehe...me wish to have a maid to bath them and play with them ler...no worry lar..they still will stick to u wan!

Jesslyn
jesslyn.wordpress.com

LHS said...

I feel guilty too when i face laptop more than my son..hehe..

ZMM said...

Don't worry lar.. whatever it is.. she still loves mummy the most.

Btw, you leave the maid alone with her at home?

jazzmint said...

hmm don't worry lah...sometimes I also feel like that esp. preggy times, but no choice lorr..tummy so big liao.

don't feel guilty OK, I'm sure she understands

mom2ashley said...

i think it's normal to feel like that..anyways..you cant do all those cause you are pregnant ....take it easy..

sqkiki said...

I'm felt jealous too..when SQ close to my mother my sis but not me..haii..but wan to do?

Contented Mum said...

blinka. Li:ya, I want to keep that position, to be her best friend forever!

Jess: yes, she stick to me but just sometime can't help the feeling! :)

AsleyLee: Mothers are all the same huh! :)

Zara's mama: No, there is alway an adult member at home with the maid. Dare not leave Qi ning alone with maid

jazzmint: I think is more of mummy's problem rather tahn my little girl! :)

mom2ashley: hehehe, hope I don't use other excuse after I delivered!

Msau: ya, that's the dilemma of working mum! :)

alexis said...

I think it is quite normal for you to have such feelings. But why don't you spend some time on the bed together each day doing nothing but tickle, chat, sing and read to her. At least it is not so tiring..... I do that with my son always and he loves it. :)