Thursday, August 17, 2006

"I want to go mommy office!"

Since it is term break for students, I am quite free in the office. So yesterday, I took Qi Ning to my office with me. She was really enjoying herself in the college. I have quite a big room to myself which consist of a lounge area for students to sit and relax, a room for me and a counselling room. So she is happy running from one place to another since there were no students around.
When she is bored, our maid, Sulikah will take her out of the office and have a run in the college compound. But most of the time she happy playing in my office area. I have a bottle full of stars that one of my friend make for me, she enjoys playing with that. Of course she also attarct a lots of attention from my fellow work mate. Good thing I am the only one in my department, so she did not disturb any other person. She spents the whole day in my office, even had her nap there! And when it is tiem to goes home, she sort of wanting to stay on.
Hubby was concerned that she may want to follow me to office everyday, he reminded me to tell her that it is only on occasion that I can bring her to office. Glad that he remind me. This morning when she woke up, first thing she told me is "I want to go mommy office!" So i explained to her why she can't go to mummy office everyday. Good thing she is understanding and didn't protest. When I left to go office, she also didn't fuss. I just give her a hug and kiss her goodbye then she let me go off!

5 comments:

Egghead said...

hehe... kinda fun huh having your child in the office... luckily you are alone... else will create a havoc! :P

Jess said...

i think my elder girl sure love to be in my office, but the youngest one sure cry wan as she scare of stranger!:(

blinka.Li said...

my ex-boss's daughter got so 'stick' to me whenever she comes visit! But your girl is a very understanding girl wor, can just listen and reasons out! :)

ZMM said...

Aw.. that's nice to have her in the office..

Our company used to have Bring Your Kid to Work day.. but they have stopped it after I have a kid. *sigh*

Contented Mum said...

Egghead:As it is she already created a "war zone" in my office, all the toys and decrorative items in my office becoming her toys! :)

Jesslyn:My girl will just hide when she see a stranger but she won't cry.

blinka.Li: Good thing my girl didn't go around and disturb others but she did shout out for mommy when I walk out of my office!

Zara's mama: maybe you could suggest that they restart the programme again. I think is good for little one to see where their parents at work!