Friday, August 18, 2006

"Is a boy or girl?"

Nowadays, this is one of the question that I have been asked on a regularly basis. "Is a boy or girl?" So far I have not been able to give an answer to this question as the doctor is not able to see from the scan due to baby's positioning. I guess for me, the most important thing is that the doctor is able to tell me if baby is healthy from the scan not the gender. So each time when I see the head, the little hands and legs from the scan, hear the heartbeat, I am pleased that baby is well.
Another question that often been asked is when is the baby due? Actually I also not very sure. If according to the last day of my menses, baby should be due 4 Nov but if according to the scan, the indicative size shows that baby due date may be one to two weeks later that the EDD given. Anyway, doesn't matter when baby is due, I know baby will come when he/she is ready to meet us!
During my earlier scan, doctor told me that I have low lying placenta and want me to be careful and the recent scan on tuesday (15/8), the scan show that it is no longer a low lying. Yippie, I am thankful for that. If not, may have to go for C-section again! I am hoping that this time I can have a natural birth. Have told the doctor about my desire but the doctor say must wait till nearer to term to see baby's condition and weight. If baby is too big then may not be advisable. So far, the baby's weight is only about a kilo. Mummy is the one putting on all the weight! So must watch out from now on my food intake!
Qi Ning is warming up more and more to the baby in mommy's stomach. She will greet baby "good morning", "good night" and even say " I love you baby" on her own accord. Is great to have kids ya!

7 comments:

Egghead said...

Qi Ning already paying so much attention to her sibling... good girl!

alexis said...

Good to hear that your placenta is no longer blocking the way! :)
Yeah, i do get all those questions that you've mention whereever i go. Hmmm.... seems like Qi Ning is adapting to a new sibling with tender loving care! Good for you. :)

jazzmint said...

good to hear that placenta not low lying anymore.

hehe ya..u probably get the same question day in day out and u have answered for dunno how many times. My time also the same hahaha

blinka.Li said...

u know what, the last 2x b4 I went to the clinic, I told bb 'bb, 'ka kui kui ah!'(stretch your legs open ah)!' :) and he listened very well! hahaha! The date is just an indication, 2 weeks b4 n 2 weeks after, just be ready lor! god bless u, lucky mama!

ZMM said...

that's so sweet of her..
Zara still doesn't show much affection to the baby yet.. She only says, "sayang baby" if she accidentally pressed on my stomach.

I'm also getting such questions very frequently.

LHS said...

It's a common question to pregnant woman! As long as baby is healthy then is enough than the gender lol! Girl always thoughtful huh?!

mom2ashley said...

it's good that qi ning is accustoming to having another baby ...