Monday, August 28, 2006

"Sweet" encounter

I have been trying to delay in exposing Qi Ning to sweets, chocolates and the likes. Last night she finally has her first candy stick without my knowledge. When I found out that she had a candy, she is already haly way thru' it. And there is no way I can get it away from her!
How did it happen? Well, it was from the well meaning restraurant's owner's daughter who was at the cashier couter dishing out lollies to little children who were running round while parents are busy enjoying their dinners. Last night, we had dinner with my brother and his family in VillaRaya. Little Qi Ning got restless after she is done with her meal and wanted to get down from her high chair and go to see the fishes. So I let her go with the maid watching after her. There were many kids running round including my brother's kids. While she was running round, mummy was enjoying her dinner. When mummy stops and turn around lokking for her little girl, I saw her with a coloirful candy stick in her hand! Not only her but all the kids have a candy stick on their hands and enjoying it. Now that she has had the "sweet" encounter, is going to be hard for me to keep her from the candy stick if she sees it again.
When it was time to go home after dinner, she went straight to my brother's car and wave bye-bye to me. We thought she might cry if we close the car door and drove off but she didn't. When we stop a little further to pick her from my brother's car, she is still happily walking round (no car seat in bro's car). I have to ask my nephew to gave her his left over candy stick to bribe her to come back to our own car (slap forehead)!

6 comments:

ZMM said...

candi stick as in lollypop?

I have not exposed Zara to hard sweets.. only gummy bears and chocolate.

It seems it's better to give them these kind of fast melting sweets as treats then those you get to suck for long...

Contented Mum said...

Zara's mama: yes it was a type of lollypop. I don't want to expose her to any sweets yet but people seem to be offering to her quite freely nowadays! I need to keep a close eyes on that!

Flowsnow said...

You can't stop them for tasting food. If it's not the neighbour, it's the in laws and there will be more to come with ice creams eg. come to Kong Kong, Kong2 has ice cream for you ..etc. But just watch out and make sure they brush their teeth. :D

blinka.Li said...

girl girl sure like to be pretty, so warn her about the rotting teeth later! kekeke!

jazzmint said...

once a while it's OK, don't worry too much. My concept is the more u refrain, the more she wants. So offer her once a while, at least she gets to taste mah. But make sure don't do this when she's tired, sugar=hyperactive!!

LHS said...

Agree!! It develops a sweet-tooth very easily.