Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Shopping in Ikea & The Curve

My sis-in-law and her family from Sabah came for holidays and saty with us. So I took leave and spend some time with them. They have a little bou about six month younger than Qi Ning. Yesterday, we took Qi Ning and her little cousin shopping in Ikea. That is her first visit to Ikea and she seems to enjoy it. She knows that she is out shopping and she refuses to nap even when she was very tired. I know that becuase when I was nursing her at the baby room in Ikea, I could see her eyes wanting to close but she fights against.
Usually, she nap twice a day. One time in the morning and one in the afternoon. She usually nap about 11/2 hour but yesterday morning, she already cut short her nap to an hour. I guess she is excited to have visitors at home. That afternoon she was just happily shopping round with us in Ikea and the Curve. On the way back, I expect her to sleep in her car seat, suprisingly she sings all the way home rather than sleep! Her little cousin was sound asleep in the car.
When we reached home, she was really tired. Just nurse her for a brief moment she is into her dreamland. Though was kinda late for afternoon nap by the time we reach home but is good that she still catch some rest. since is holiday, I am less strict on her routine. I think she really enjoys herself!
Shopping with a little one now is so different from when I goes shopping with friends. In the past, can take my own sweet time and see whatever I like. Now must be a little bit quicker in my action and MUST include kiddies shop so that little Qi Ning can have some fun too! I notice that quite a few kiddies shop include a small play area for the kids which is just wonderful. We shall go for more shopping from now onward!!

No comments: