Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas

Two more days, is Christmas already. I was being reminded that Christmas is about Emmanuel, God with us. Sometimes one get so busy during the Christmas season and lost sight of the real meaning of Christmas. Is like we all so busy partying but we forget the main actor, the birthday boy, in case, it is Jesus birthday that we are celebrating but how much time do we spent with Him during Christmas. We are busy with buying presents, eating turkey, baking fruit cakes/pudding, partying, decrorating trees and house, carolling, church activities, a host of things going on during Christmas. And yet, during Christmas there is still so many lonely soul wanting to experience Emmanuel, God with us. Yet they don't find it in all the activities.
I don't know about you but sometime I feel like I am just going through the motion of Christmas activities. There is nothing really significant about all those activities, is just something that we do yaer after year in church. So this year, I make a conscious effort to make it different. Different in a way that I tried keeping in touch with some good friends who are far away and whom I have not kept in touch for a long time. so this morning, I spent some time calling a friend in UK, a friend in Australia, a friend in Hong Kong and some friends in Singapore. What a joy to be able to touch base with friends around the world during this Christmas. I told them that is my Christmas present for them!! :)
I hope to have time to focus on Jesus, the main reason why we celebrate Christmas! Merry Christmas to all.

1 comment:

blinka.Li said...

good to hear that. Jesus must be so happy to hear that His daughter is finally doing something! :) God Bless!