Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Going on strike?

I am not sure what is the cause but my Qi Yu's milk intake is of concern to me for the past few weeks. She has never really like to drink from the bottle but no choice because I am a working mum. One month before I go back to work I oledi training her to drink EBM (expressed breast milk) from the bottle but she would cries and drink, only 20-30ml. Slowly, she is getting used to the bottle and not protesting as much. But she milk intake is still quite low ranging from 160ml- 240ml for the time that I am at work. But for the past two weeks, her milk intake has dropped to 100ml, yesterday was the lowest thus far, 80ml only for the whole duration that I am away!
Her last feed before I leave to office is about 7.00am then she will wait for me to nurse her gaain at about 6.0pm. For the whole time that I am away, I think she just drink the minimal to keep her from getting real hungry. And her mininal is getting less and less by the day. I am not sure if it because she is just not interested in the milk or she is protesting that Mummy is going away and she is on a hunger strike or she may be teething! I remember when Qi ning is her age, she drank about 350-400ml for the same duration that I am away. I always worried that my supply will not be enough for her. Now my fridge is full of EBM, some is going to be expire soon! Hopefully her appetite will come back soon so mummy does not have to worry about her growth!

4 comments:

LHS said...

Oh, ya, too little..but don't worry first, maybe just a transition period.

jazzmint said...

aiyoo....lets hope it's just temporary. or else kena feed with spoon?

blinka.Li said...

I really think that is too little. 1 feeding now needs about 60ml at least for her age. Watch her weight closely and like Jazzmint said, maybe you need to feed her with spoon. And make sure she drinks lots of water too.

Contented Mum said...

huisia & Jazz: I also hope is a transition. I tried spoon feeding also not working. Some told me is reverse nursing. Night time she will be nursing quite frequently.

Blinka: Breast feed baby no need to give water leh, so I hardly give her any water.