Wednesday, January 18, 2006

To wean or not to wean?

Two more days Qi Ning is going to be 16 mths old. I have been toying about weaning Qi Ning from breast milk. But the little girl don't seem to be ready to wean. She was on formula milk (one feed) for a while but lately she has totally refused formula milk again! It takes us quite sometime to "train" her to take formula milk. Dunno why she's rejecting it now. If she doesn't reject the formula then I am more ready to wean her, I actually plan to wean her after CNY. But now, seem like got to shelf the idea or else she may not get enough calcium.
Actually in my heart I don't really want to wean her so soon. Is just that many people keep telling me that if I am seriously trying for second one then I better wean her. I know of breastfeeding mothers who conceived without weaning. Hope I am one of those as well, if not I'll alway keep on toying with the idea to wean or not to wean!!

5 comments:

Contented Mum said...

Yeah, welcome Twinsmom to my blog!

I really don't mind nursing her for as long as she want but I am also thinking of chasing for no 2, not young liao leh. They say easier if not breastfeeding woh. But buat sementra, gantung the idea of weaning firstlah.

jazzmint said...

it's good that u are still nursing her albeit she's already 14 months!! So envy..keep it up lerr.

U are working now? Who takes care of ur baby since maid runaway?

Contented Mum said...

Hi Jazzmint, i also never thought i would last so long. Initially, I was only thinking of nursing her for 6 mths but I guess I got addicted to it so till now still nursing her!! hehehe
Ya, I am still working, got someone to take care of Qi Ning when working. Still toying about whether to get another maid or not.

ZMM said...

you and I the same boat.. I want to try for 2nd one, but not ready to wean Zara.. She's not ready.. I also not ready. :(

Btw, how come you don't post Qi Ning's photos?

Contented Mum said...

Zara's mama, not don't want but dunno how!! (malu lah)