Thursday, January 26, 2006

Chinese New Year Countdown and new clothes

Yippie, tommorrow I am going back hometown for CNY celebration!! I took half day leave tommorow, so can leave earlier, hoping to beat the friday evening jam when every one is balik kampung after work.
When I read many of the mama buying many new clothes for their little one, I feel very the malu leh (shy) as I didn't buy any new clothes for my Qi Ning as she oledi has a few new clothes in the closet which she has never wear before. So I am going to let her wear all those new clothes. And my niece, Juney told dh that she bought new clothes for Qi Ning, there you go so many other people are buying new clothes for Qi Ning. But I guess is different when mummy buy right?! :)
Let me think, so far from birth till now, I think I only bought her a pair of shoes and a set of clothes when she was baby. Others were all bought by others (friends and family members) or hand-me down. I guess that's the bonus for being the youngest in the family, even after you oledi a mum, the older siblings still think you need help, so they will buy and prepare all the necessary for your baby as well! Actually, when I was single, I seldom buy new clothes for myself as well. Usually my sis, my bro and my mum is the one who buy clothes for me. Even till now, my sis and mum would still buy new clothes for me(lucky me)!! My da lou (eldest bro) will supply me with shoes and handbags.
My Qi Ning also very fortunate, friends and family will also buy stuffs for her even people who have not meet her but just saw her photo in my office, decide that she is so cute and will buy little little things for her. The other day, one of the student saw her photo and bought her two beautiful hairclips!! I think she inherited her mum's (i.e me) look, which seem to attract people to buy gifts for her! hehehehe. Come to think of it, even before she was born, I oledi received gift which was meant for her! So blessed!
Zara'a mama asked why I don't post photo of Qi Ning in my blog, so this new year break I will learn how to upload her photo to my blog so you all can also see her cute cute picture hey.
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR TO ALL AND HAVE A BLESSED REUNION WITH YOUR FAMILY.
Gong Xi, Gong Xi and remember to brinmg your precious one around to "bi nain" (new year visitation) and collect lots of anypow, yea...

4 comments:

blinka.Li said...

oh lucky you! so pampered ler...actually me too have that previlege, youngest ma! but not as good as you la, got brother to buy u shoes n hand bags! OMG!

Jess said...

u save a lot hor!

Happy New Year to u & your family member ya!

jazzmint said...

gong xi gong xi..

Contented Mum said...

blinka.Li, yes, I am so pampered! Good for me, hehehehe

Jesslyn, Yes, I save a lot! :)

Jazzmint, same same, happy woof woof year!