Monday, January 23, 2006

Blur sotong & wonderful hubby

I know I am quite a "dai tou har" (blur person) but never thought it can be so bad! Last Saturday, I put the kettle on without the water. That morning, I brought Qi Ning downstairs with me. As soon as came downsatairs, I went on to kitchen and just switch on the kettle without checking if there is any water. I just assumed that dh has filled the water as that is what he does for me every night since the maid left so that it will be easier for me to put the kettle on the next morning.
On Saturday morning, while I was in the bathroom, letting Qi Ning sit on her potty, dh came downsatairs.

DH: You boiled the water already ah?
Me: Ya, I already switch on the gas.
DH: Wow, you so fast ah. What is this that I am smelling? Something burning, did you put any water in the kettle?
Me: Huh, no, I didn't (look sheepish) , I just switch on the gas, I assume you filled it with water. (forgot that I mentioned something about don' t have to fill the kettle last night)
DH: Aiyo, no wonder the burnt smell, lucky I notice it, you didn't smell anything meh?
Me: No woh, I am in the bathroom with little girl mah!
DH: arrgh......!

Good thing dh discoved my act earlier or else I may cause a fire!

That morning, after breakfast, I took Qi Ning to my brother office while dh stays at home. I thought he has some personal things to take care of. I didn't expect him to do spring cleaning, but I was pleasantly surprised when I returned home from my brother office. He has tooked down the curtain, washed them and cleaned up the corner of the house! I felt so touched, such a sweet husband that I have! He is not the romantic type who would sweet talk but he will put it in action such as cleaning up, take the rubbish out, make you a cup of drink, filled the car petrol for me etc.. He do all the practical things to make life easier for me, what more can I ask for?! :)

6 comments:

jazzmint said...

such a sweet hubby you have, even clean up house for u!!! Must give him extra kisses

ZMM said...

Aiyo.. so sweet your husband

geeth said...

So sweet of him...

Guys are the unexpected, u know. Read here Candle light breakfast

Contented Mum said...

Hi Jazzmint, yes that is my sweet husband, he will clean the house for you but he will not hold your hand in public!! :) Extra kisses, his face will be all red!!

Ya lor Zara's mama, he is sweet in his own way.

Wow, geetha, your husband so romantic ya, so sweet of him to give you a candle light breakfast! What a memorable anniversary!

Fashionasia said...

aiyoh....jelesnyaaa so good ur hubby....for me i think im the one who does things for the hubby that way.... ;)

blinka.Li said...

fuyoh, i thought this type of male almost got extinct aleli! lucky that you've found one..:)