Friday, January 20, 2006

New maid or no?

It has been two months since our maid ran away from home. So far we have been managing it ok. But lately, dh has been saying that we may need extra help. Guess he is tired as he did quite a fair bit of the household chores and Qi Ning is at the stage where one person need to follow her around constantly. My mum says she is at the stage of "little cow dunno the fear of tiger", literal translation from foochow meaning she dunno the danger and has no fear!
For me, I think I am coping ok without the maid. Of course I am coping better because hubby is the one who does the laudry and cleaning the house!! :) I only wake up a bit earlier to cook porridge for baby and take care of her after work.
To be frank, with a maid, I really live like a "shao nai nai". Morning wake up, breakfast is served, after work, there will be somone to take in my bag and dinner is being cooked while I take my shower. I hardly lift a finger to do house work. I only play with Qi Ning, entertain her. When she poo or pee, the maid would clean up after her. Now either me or dh would have to do that. I don't mind doing all this as it allowed me to experience what it is like to be involved in every aspect of my girl's life. I appreciate the contribution of those stay at home mum and dad even more.
I know many of my friends who migrated oversea also has no maid at home and they are doing ok. I dunno whether is because we are spoilt by the extra help of maid, we are becoming more dependent on them. To our benefit or harm I also dunno!
We have discussed and talk about what are the possible alternative. I told him, with only Qi Ning, I think is till manageable but if no2 comes along then it might not be as easy. I left the decision to him as he is the one doing most of the house work at home now that we don't have maid.

2 comments:

Contented Mum said...

I must says hubby is the one who has the larger share of the cleaning! :) I told him we can get another maid but he is unsure, maybe should suggest to him part time maid, like you say those who come after work hour for claening and also ironing!

ZMM said...

who looks after Qi Ning when you are at work? Baby sitter? In laws? Or your mum?

My main reason for having a maid is really to look after Zara