Friday, January 13, 2006

My Sticky Tape

Qi Ning has been a real sticky tape this few days. Even at night when she sleeps, she will roll real close to me. If I attempt to move away from her, she would wakes up! Actually she has always been close to me, just that this few days, maybe because she is not feeling too well she is extra sticky.
When I told my friend that Qi Ning is a sticky tape, one of them reply, "I think is double sided tape" i.e mommy is equally sticky to Qi Ning! :) I think what she says is true. When my maid ran away, my mum actually offer to take care of Qi Ning, if I let her bring Qi Ning back to Sitiawan. Of course my answer is no lah. She actually asked a few time and even asked is it because I don't trust her to be able to take good care of Qi Ning. I told her no is more because "Wo bu sir de" (I can't bear to part with her). Then my mum said, "why so many other people in our hometown would just leave their babies at home and let the grandparents to take care." Told her we are all different lah. My parenting philosophy may be different from theirs, I prefer to take care of my own baby. I don't like to be a weekends mum or holidays mum. I would like to see my precious little one everyday. Little one add so much joy to our life!

1 comment:

ZMM said...

it's the same for me too..

I prefer to jaga her on my own.. don't want to be a weekend mum although it gives you so much freedom and extra time.