Friday, February 29, 2008

To stop or not to !

Qi Yu is 15mths plus, going to be 16mths soon. Lately, since the CNY holidays, she has been refusing to drink her milk during the day time. The whole day when I am away she absolute drink no milk. She is also not a good eater hence not gaining weight much. She only want me to nurse her at night especially just before she sleep. Maybe because she is getting very mobile these day and are more keen to move around then to eat.
Since she is not drinking any milk during the day time, I am thinking to stop expressing milk at work and just let her nurse directly after work. Anyway my production is very low nowadays. But on the other hand, I worry she don't take enuf milk as she totally reject milk powder. If I stop expressing at work and she starts to want to drink milk during day time then I have no spare for her. The milk inventory at home is quite low now as I have reduce the pumping session at work to only one time. And now this lazy mummy is thinking of totally no pumping at work!

2 comments:

blinka.Li said...

Have u tried switching brands of milk maybe? I did that with my boy and finally he fixed at Similac. Try different method of feeding her too, like change the type of mouth piece, cut it(making the holes bigger, maybe?), or like us, we have to spoon feed him. I think milk is still a vital source of nutrition and stopping completely is not good for now..hor??!

JK said...

don't stop yet if you still have. Milk is still important at 15 months.