Monday, February 11, 2008

Fun Stage

Qi Yu is now at one of the most fun stage to play with. She is rsponsive and would mimic after you. She turns 15mths on the first day of CNY. The other day when I was at my sis-in-law place, I was calling out for hubby asking him if he is ready for dinner and Qi Yu also follow me and shout out her daddy's name. Everybody who heard it was laughing as she speaks so loud and clear her daddy's name!
Qi Yu is on the slimmer side. Everybody comment that she is gonna be slim and tall when she grows up. I don't know how they predict but maybe by looking at her built. Qi Yu is not as good a eater as her jiejie. She only eat a few mouthful then she would shake her head and stop eating liao. Still don't drink much milk, whole day is still 150-180ml. Still fully on breast milk. I am trying to introduce milk powder to her but she don't like it.
Height wise she is 76Cm, weigth wise still at 9kg.
Language wise she is speaking a lot more and it seem like Malay is becoming her predominant language as kakak is spending more time with her than mummy (mummy is feeling guilty about this). Whenever I ask her if she want anything, she ould answer "mau" (meaning yes in Malay). Sometime I would hear her pointing to her body part and name them in Malay. Her favourite body part is kaki (leg). I often see her point to her leg and say "kaki". Her vacabulary has definitely blossom lately and she loves to repeat after us.
Emotionwise, she is showing more variety of emotion such as fear, jealousy, anger, cheecky faces. At such a young age, when she sees someone crying, she would move forward trying to comfort people and tell the person "don't cry". When reading one of her favourite book, she would point to the crying monkey and tell me, "monkey cry". She is still stranger shy.
Dunno whether is just mummy or really she is beginning to knows one and two. Yesterday, on the way back from hometown, I was asking her how many teddy bear she is holding and she answered "two", which is the correct no. The maid was laughing away. I tried testing it agian, took away one of the bear and ask her immediately but she was distracted by other things so I can't confirm.
Oh yes, what mummy loves is nowadays is her massage. When I lie down on my stomach, I ask her to massage for me she would pat my back, really nice to feel her little hand on my back, so gentle and relaxing! She learns the massage from Qi Ning. Mummy now can enjoy free massage at home!

4 comments:

jazzmint said...

ahh how nice, i'm still waiting for my boy to talk :(

JK said...

Enjoy this fun stage!

LHS said...

she really can talk well. :)
Gong Xi Fa Cai

blinka.Li said...

haha, like Jazzmint, i am also still waiting for my boy to talk. Guess boy is a bit slow in talking huh?? Wah, she knows how to massage? You know what, reading your blogs make me feel like having my second one now!! :)