Thursday, February 21, 2008

Breastfed will breastfeed!

I saw these wording in one of the lactation consultant clinic "breast fed will breast feed". It was with a picture of a little girl imitating her mother who was breastfeeding a baby. I saw this in my two girls. I breastfed Qi Ning till she was about 18mths and is still breastfeeding my Qi Yu who is 15mths old.
When Qi Yu was still a baby, each time when I am breastfeeding Qi Yu, Qi Ning (about 2 year plus) would also take a dolly and sat beside me and breastfeed her baby. Now is my Qi Yu's turn, two days ago, after I nurse her, she stood up and hold up a soft toy saying 'rabbit want nen nen". She then proceed to pull up her shirt and pretend like she is breastfeeding the soft toy! I was having a good laugh seeing the scene. Only 15 mths and she is imitating mummy! I must try to capture one of this moment on camera one day. Is really amazing to see how little one imitate the action of the parents. I hope when they have their own baby, they would breastfeed them too!

2 comments:

JK said...

There's truth in that saying, ya?

This if for you:

http://love4kids.blogspot.com/2008/02/another-valentines-day.html

blinka.Li said...

girls are a bit gentle la. You should see how my boy tuck himself on me while breast feeding. He goes FREE STYLE!! gosh! But he is taking lots of COW milk too. Maybe you should try spoon feeding him. This is what we did. From 2 oz he now drinks 6 oz. 3x a day!