Thursday, July 31, 2008

On strike

For the past two days, Qi Yu goes on milk strike. She refuse to drink powder milk as well as breast milk. Her usual quest to be nurse at night also stop! Even though I have stopped expressing milk at work, each day when i reach home after work, her first request is "Mummy, I want nen nen." But this request stopped two days ago. And ecah night before she sleep she will request for her fix as well and in the middle of night, she sometime will request for comfort nursing. But all these stops in the last two days!
She had fever on Monday and then go on strike Tuesday. She is drooling a lots, maybe she is teething again. Also because we had too much of a durian feast lately, so everyone is down. Qi Ning was also not well and mummy too.
From the strike, I think I am going to wean her off the breast permanently now. At first I thought it would be difficult to wean her off the breast because before the stike, any mention of weaning her off the breast will bring about a big fight from her. Now with the strike on, even when I offer her she would say "NO". Looks like mummy is going to have a breeze again in weaning my girl off the breast! :) But I do hope she won't goes on the milk strike for too long. Will need to ask her jiejie to persuade her to drink cow milk as she likes to follows her jiejie!

2 comments:

blinka.Li said...

Poor thing. Teething is something tough for kids I think. Hope the fever is gone in no time!

jazzmint said...

sometimes they got mood, mine oso goes for milk strike once a while, but after that ok