Monday, July 14, 2008

New journey

Last week the semester at UM started and that mark the beginning of my PhD journey. I finally decided to plunge in to take the challenge. It was a stressful week to begins with as there were so many thought going thru my mind. To study or not, to teach or not, how many classes to take, what subject to take, to resign or continue working . etc , it was so stressful.
My Prof. told me to apply for tutotship in UM and offer me to teach one subject in UM. I applied for the tutorship, no news yet but I am tecahing one class. He asked me if I wnat to tecah another class, after consideration and making all the necessary arrangement I say yes. Then was told that due to some techinical limitation on the amount a part time lecturer can claim, only claim a maximum of RM9000 per semester, I am not able to take two class. Now I have to reschudule my class and everything. So upset with them for messing around with my schedule! And even though I have registered as student, I can only starts to borrow libary book one month later, how inefficient! Only consolation I have is that I get a staff parking after paying a RM20 deposit so I don't need to fight for parking space as I can park at the designated area for staffs.
There are no answer to all the questions I have but at least I am more settled now, knowing that I can only teach one class, take two subjects. Still need to change the class time with my students. They probably think that I am frickle minded but I have no choice. So wish my all the best as i goes on this new journey!

4 comments:

blinka.Li said...

It is kind of a frustration dealing my local uni administration...BUT being in 'school' again is refreshing and it certainly is a new chapter! Wishing you all the best, doctor!!! :)

Mumsgather said...

Wish you all the best in your new journey. :)

Contented Mum said...

Thanks Blinka & Mumsgather for your kind support!

jazzmint said...

all the best with ur PHD :)