Thursday, June 14, 2007

Blackout adventure

Two days ago, my area had a major blackout. The moment I reached home from work, hubby had the kids all ready just waiting for me so that we can go out for dinner. I was told that the eletricity was out since 5.00pm. We thought it might not be too long before the electricity would be back but we were very wrong!
We had dinner near by where there was current. After dinner we went home and still there is no electricity. So we decide we would bring the kids to shopping centre. We went to Jaya Jusco at Equine park. We walk around and have ice-kacang at the food court. We leave there at about 8 plus thinking that the current should be back by now. When we were near to home, we saw neighbouring flat have light so we thought it would be the same for our area but alas, when we reach our area still no electricity. So we had car ride around he neighbourhood and Qi Ning ask" Why we go round and round like a merry-go-round?" :) We round for 15 mins then decide we would head off to Tesco instaed of rounding in the neighbourhood. Then hubby decide that we should go look at our new church building instaed. So off we went again for our venture.
By then, I was quite tire and thirsty, so we stop at a mamak place for a drink. Oh, the coconut juice was wonderful and Qi Ning had her favourite roti tissue. By the time we had our supper and go home, still no elctricity. Went round the neighborhood again then off to Tesco. We were at Tesco till 10.30pm, we were all tired so decided to go home irregardless whether if there is elcetricity or not.
Hurray, when we reached home, we saw the light! By the time I showered and get kids ready for bed, it is well pass eleven. I thought they would be very tired and would doze off immediately but I guess they were over excited and didn't settle down after quite a while.
For the whole period of the blackout, I was so worried that all my milk stock will be melted. I counted the blackout lasted about 6 hours. I was so relieves when I checked on my milk stoke and found that they were not melted. Really thankful for it. Or else, seeing all the epressed breast milk thawing, I would cry!

1 comment:

blinka.Li said...

haha!same here. Our apartment always black-out 4 no reasons! And all I worry is the expressed milk!! :)