Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I want to be like you

It is a big responsiblity to be parents. The litttle one is watching what you are doing and following every bit of what parents are doing. My Qi Ning has been imitating me quite a fair bit and she doesn't hestitate to tell me that she wanna be like me! I often has to remind myself to try to be a good role model in every aspect for the sake of the kids who want to be like me and is real hard at time. I guess being a parent is a life long learning process!
I can see clearly how Qi Ning is following some of my way of teaching her. Qi Ning has been playing with stickers for quite sometime now and she has many book of stickers. some Winnie the Pooh, mickey mouse, snow white, and all the walt disney cartoon stickers. She loves to dish out to people and stick it all over the room's door, the dressing mirror etc. Can't remeber since when, she begins to use it as a reward. If you will to follow her instruction she would give you sticker. Sometime she will tell me, "Mummy, you listen to me and I will give you sticker, if you don't listen, I don't give you sticker!" (sound so familiar ya!) Whatever things that I have told her, she would use it on us as well.
Just last night, when we were all getting ready to sleep, hubby n I were chatting away softly on the bed. This little girl of mine start to give us instruction "Is time to sleep, sleep lah, don't talk." So really need to be careful what one say to the little one, you never know when they will use it on you! :) Such joy to be able to experience parenthood!

1 comment:

jazzmint said...

haha..faster go sleep mommy :P