Monday, August 20, 2007

Cinderella

One month from today shall be Qi ning three year old birthday. And she has been waiting for her birthday since DH's birthday in April. Each time when we celebrate someone's birthday, she will be asking "is my birthday coming soon?"
Today, she is 2 year 11 mths and very soon she will be three. She has grown so much in the last few month and pick up so many things. She can hold a decent conversation with people now and her imagination is real good. Here is one classic that brings smile to my face.

She was running around and I saw her with only one shoe on:

Me: Qi Ning where is your other shoe?
QN: I am Cinderella (Show me a big grin)!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For a girl her age, I consider Qi Ning very understanding. She don't make unreasonable demand and most time, we can reason with her and she don't resort to crying or throwing a tantrum to get her way. Sometime I fear I am "forcing" her to grow up too quickly!
She is learning her math without being told that that's math. Everyday she will ask for her sweet treat so we took the opportunity to teach her simple addition and subtraction. She could add and subtract with one hand.
She is a very sweet girl.

2 comments:

blinka.Li said...

That is marvelous! Math at her age??! Wow, she is sure a good and smart girl.

jazzmint said...

wow so smart..and big girl oredi :)