Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The wait begins

Since last week, everyone who sees me is asking when is the baby due. And I have to keep telling them not yet, soon baby will arrive. Four more days to my due date. One of my collegue whose due date is one day after mine gave birth on the first day of Raya. So now everyone is after when I will pop! I am also anxiously waiting for the arrival of my bundles of joy but my baby seem to be very comfortable in mummy's stomach. No sign of labor yet. The head is down but not in the position yet.
From about a month ago, people have been saying that my baby seems to have descended, should due soooner than the expected due date. But I am so near to due date, still no sign! From history, I have a feeling my baby will not be on time. Qi ning was five days overdue. My mum told me when she was having us, all of us were overdue, my sister's babies were all over the due date as well.
I am sweet talking to my baby not to delay for too long and hopefully not to the extend of need to be induced as mummy is hoping for a natural birth after C section (Qi ning was a C section). So this few days have to talk to baby more.
Actually, mummy is also feeling a bit umcomfortable running around with a big tummy. This time round, my tummy is really big, much bigger than when I had Qi Ning. Is quite difficult to find a comfortable sleeping position at night and is hard to change side while sleeping. All in all, I am hoping baby will come quick so mummy can carry baby in my arm rather than in my tummy. So my dear baby please do come on time and do not delay. We are all waiting for your arrival! :)

10 comments:

Mumsgather said...

A very exciting time. I'm feeling gan cheong reading your post! Hope all goes well for you and take care of yourself.

jazzmint said...

hey all da best...pray for smooth n easy labour :)

Contented Mum said...

mumsgather & Jazzmint: thanks, I am praying for a smooth delivery as well!

Contented Mum said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
blinka.Li said...

yiii, so excited for you! 4 more days? so today is like 3 more days la! wahahahaha, so kancheong la! Pray hard for smooth delivery lo! :)

Jess said...

hey, women, take well care ya!
Can't wait to your newborn bb face! :P

IMMomsDaughter said...

Still counting the days ah? Good luck & hope your sweet talking works ;)

LHS said...

Oh, baby not out yet, yesterday i came and saw not update, so i thought you're having your confinement.

Good luck and may God bless you to have smooth delivery.

Do keep us updated.

KopiSoh said...

Ohhhh, must be very anxious by now. My sister just had triplets 3 weeks ago so I can still relate to what you must be feeling.
When I read your blog, I felt "Oh my god here's a person who is a few days away from delivering her baby and she still makes the time to drop by my blog". Thank you, wanted to let you know I appreciate you dropping by. Have a safe delivery. Take care. Looking forward to your baby's pics being posted.

Contented Mum said...

blinka: now is 2 more day to go! :)
Jesslyn: I also can't wait to see baby! :)
IMMomsDaughter: I also hope baby will listen to my sweet talk lo.
Huisia:Still waiting, if on confinement, no acess to internet liao. Will update whenever possible.
Firehorse: welcome to my blog and to the blog sphere! Wow, triplets, so cool but must be lots of work taking care of three at one time!