Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Weekends happening

Friday
Last friday was my birthday, like what one of my friend says the best gift is having Qi Ning singing the happy birthday song to me! :) Papa already told Qi Ning it was my birthday, so on friday evening when I arrived home from work she is ready to wish me "happy birthday" at the door step! We went out for dinner and then to buy birthday cake. I think Qi ning enjoy the whole event more than anyone of us. She is excited about the cake, the candles..etc. Seeing her enjoying the celebration brings contentment to my heart!

Saturday
On Saturday afternoon, we went out for lunch at a restraurant neaby our house. And guess what, we saw our runaway maid working there as a waitress! Don't know how to respond, called our maid agency to ask what should we do but till today they still have not get back to us. Also they are not sure if they have cancelled her work permit or not! I got so felt up with the agency but what can I do?
I actually spoke to the maid asked why is working there when her permit is is supposed to be under our name. She just kept quiet. She looked darker and thinner than she was with us. If my husband has not pointed out, I wouldn't have notice her. Meeting her sort of spoilt our mood for a while but later on we decided it is not worth allowing a runaway maid to spoilt our day.

Sunday
Is father's day which I nearly forgotten. I was reminded of it while at church. So I decided to join with another family to celebrate this day. We had dinner with uncle Yap's family at a Thai restraurant. Qi Ning enjoys herself very much. There was a fish tank near to our table so she was quite happy looking at the fish and playing with the fishes in the tank.

4 comments:

Egghead said...

all celebrations for a whole weekend hor :)

ZMM said...

Happy belated birthday to you..

Btw, when your maid ran away, you let the agency handle all matters? We did it our own, cancelled her work permit and Visa. It's tough to depend on agency these days.

But if the agency replace you with a new maid, I guess it's ok la. Let them deal with the prob.

mom2ashley said...

what? you bumped into your runaway maid there? hahahah...

they proably get paid better as waitreses but they have to endure the long hours..hence..that was probably why she is thinner...

happy belated to you!

Contented Mum said...

Egghead: yes all celebration for the weekend and Qi Ning just loves celebration! :)

Zara's mama: the agent didn't replace the maid as she has stayed with us for just more than a year. So the ine year guranteed period is over!
You are right, agency are quite undependable nowadays! when they want your money, they will follow up, once deal done, not going to return call anymore!

mom2ashley:Probably earn more and has the freedom to use the money, because she is wearing gold all oevr her!