Thursday, June 08, 2006

My Darling, Qi Ning

Qi Ning was down with fever for the past few days, the fever come on and off. She is still her usual active self despite the fever. I didn't give her any medication earlier on as the fever was very mild but later when her fever went up to 38.4degree, I gave her paracetomol. I was worried that she may not like the medicine and might struggle with me, but surprisingly she took it very well, no fuss at all! Mummy was so happy that she is so co-operative when comes to taking medicine.
She is also quite good in drinking plain water. Since she is having fever, we encourage her to drink a lots of water and she will do as told. Only sometime she would choose who should hold the cup for her, either daddy or mummy. She even wakes up in the middle of night to ask for water! So mummy has got panda eyes for this few days!
My Qi ning is a real darling, at such young age, she seem to be a very understanding girl. I just need to explain the situation to her and most of the time she will comply. This morning, after breakfast, I was playing with her and when is time for me to go off to work, she actually tells me to go and plant a kiss on my lip and say "mummy I love you" before I leave the door! Previously she would cling on to me and say "mummy cannot go to office"! What a change.
Now she also will say "mummy I love you" without being prompt. Is so sweet to hear that from her. Sometime I also encourage her to say "I love you baby" especailly during the night time when we are getting ready to sleep. And I will say to her on behalf of baby "jie jie I love you". Hopefully this will help to prepare her for the arrival of her sibling in November. She knows that mummy is carrying a baby in the stomach. When people ask her where is mummy's baby, she will say stomach.
With such a sweet girl at home, it sure make parenting a joy and I am looking forward to the new addition in the family. Thank God also my morning sickness is over!

5 comments:

Egghead said...

hopefully she will be back to her usual healthy self very soon :)

Jess said...

so nice hor when kids kiss us b4 we left for work!
If i left for work when they still asleep, then later when they up, they will cry!! They say I must wait for them to say BYE & HUG me before I leave! :P

ZMM said...

Qi Ning is such a sweet girl.. So understanding and loving.

Hope she gets well soon.

jazzmint said...

wow...so nice of qi ning. I wish faythe says that too

Contented Mum said...

Egghead:She is back to health now. TQ :)

Jesslyn: yap, the kiss brighten the day!

Zara's mama: Qi Ning is a sweet girl just liek your zara!

jazzmint: Fathye will be saying that one day. Just be patient!