Monday, September 11, 2006

Birthday party & Clown

On Saturday, I took Qi ning to a friend's daughter, Charmine, one year old birthday party. She was excited about going to the party. We gave her the birthday present to give to Charmine. She was holding it in her hand all throu' the car journey. I was afraid that she might not pass on the present but she did when she see the birthday girl!
All was well till we see the clown! Qi Ning was afraid of the clown! My friend specailly hired a clown to entertain the kids but Qi Ning would not participate in it. She was clinging to me the whole evening, hiding her face from the clown! If I attempt to bring her anywhere near the clown, she would cry. She even wanted to go back home immediately after seeing the clown! She told me she is scared of the clown. So instead of joining in the kids for the games and magic show, she joined mummy on the table for food. She was attarcted by the music and the laughter of the kids though but just refused to join in the fun.
When it was lucky draw time, the clown calls out her number, I took her to the front to collect her gift, she still refused to look at the clown. She cling on so tightly to me. But near the end of the party, she sort of warm up a little to the clown. At least she don't mind stand at a distant and look at the clown and line up for her baloon! I guess what she enjoy most during the birthday party is the time when we all sing birthday song to the birthday girl! She was happily singing and clapping her hands.
Seeing that she enjoyed the birthday song part, mummy decided that we are going to have a simple birthday party for her as well coming Saturday. I think she will be happy to have people gather around her to sing her birthday song!

5 comments:

blinka.Li said...

A virgo girl huh? Happy birthday to her! Wishing her all the best and have a wonderful and memorable time! Take lots of photos ah mommy!

jazzmint said...

i think because the clown looks a bit scary in real life. Faythe also afraid of real life clown.

ZMM said...

It means when her birthday comes in a few week's time, you should not hire a clown for her.. :P

I think clowns are quite scarry looking creature.. I'm not surprised kids don't like them.

LHS said...

The party so special, even your friend hired the clown to entertain the kids.

Shannon said...

Actually, as a kid, I used to be attracted to the clown, but always afraid to go near them too... I would want to see from afar but not too close... Can't explain why though....

Oh oh, her birthday coming up soon eh????? A VERY VERY Happy 2nd Birthday to her!!!! ;)