Friday, April 21, 2006

Temporary maid

Ever since my maid ran away last Nov, we have been managing it on our own thus far. We did talk about employing another maid but was a bit hesistant as we do not have anyone at home beside Qi ning and maid. But now with the pregnancy, I find myself quite tired without a maid, so we decided to get a maid instaed of waiting till the baby arrive.
On wednesday, we got a temporary maid from the agent. The agent told us we could try out this maid if we are happy we can keep her, if not we can look at some biodata and select a new one for ourselves. Since I was keen for the relief I took the offer and hubby also agreed that we try her out. She is young, only 19 year old, seem a bit blur and slow as compare to my previous one.
Our main criteria for maid to have an interest in our child. Yesterday, Qi Ning seems to be ok playing with her new kakak. But she still does not want the maid to change her, bath her etc. I guess she need some time. We will also need some time to observe if the maid is suitable to be our new helper at home. But for the time being, I am glad for the extra pair of hand to do the house work!

6 comments:

Egghead said...

do let us know how your maid turn out :)

Montessorimum said...

Hope your maid will turn up alright. I had very bad experiences with maid. Only manage to be a little lucky the 4th time.
Anyway, 19 seems to be a bit young, easily been manipulate by outside influences and from my experience, temporary maid that a agent can offer are usually rejected maid from whoever get them here. Just my 2cent

jazzmint said...

hmm...well i guess need some time for her to *sook sau* and do faster better work. My maid is also young, 21 only this year, but she's pretty OK, worked in KL before. As for me, I prefer younger, easier to train, older ones are quite stubborn (my 1st one that cabut).

blinka.Li said...

gotta really train her, sometimes one just gotta be strict first. Good luck and lucky u can get one so soon too.

blinka.Li said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Suzy Chung said...

hi, can I have the agent contact who provided u the temporary maid?