Monday, October 04, 2010

Too Harsh?

With daddy coaching her, Qi Ning's piano is moving on great. She just started to learn piano beginning of this year, she is now at grade 4 pieces and started being Sunday School piano the sunday just pass. She is able to play well but I am not sure whether if we have pushed her too hard. There are time she would cries because it is too hard for her and she say she feel like giving out piano! I don't know whether if this is just part of a learning process or because we pushed her too hard. I just want her to enjoy playing piano and not feel pressurized. She is a smart girl and when she overcome the challenges she would share her happiness. hope we are not too hard on her!

2 comments:

Mumsgather said...

Perhaps it is better to push now before school starts because when it does, you will find that you will have so little time! My girl is 8 and doing Grade 3 pieces but I am very relaxed with her because like you, I am worried about pushing too hard and making them hate and give up piano eventually.

Contented Mum said...

Hi MG, that is exactly what daddy say. Now she has all the time and when she goes to school she will have no time!